60 replies to this topic

#1 taikara

taikara

Tai-Fu Mastah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2389 posts

Posted 15 July 2005 - 01:39 PM

I love memes (not the quiz kind, those are mostly lame), because they give insight into people in a fun way.

So here goes:

Share a little piece of trivia about yourself. Not necessarily something personal, but something that most people are unlikely to know. Stupid Human Tricks, unusual personal achievements, anything goes, as long as you find it interesting and it's not common knowledge.

Discussion about these fun facts is okay, but to make it easier to know what's a fact, and what's discussion, draw attention to the fact you're posting by using text decoration of some sort, like so:

I am not a member of the clergy, but I can perform legally binding marriage ceremonies in the state of Florida.
..<[[[Tofu Ninja of the Pickasldawessle Order]]]>..
QUOTE (Tai - in response to DD on how people who fear change are like cats)
you mean the "you moved my litterbox, so I'm going to pee in your clothes hamper" attitude?
Yes, I just quoted myself. ph34r my T4i-F00!!.
doodoodoo!!!

#2 BeefontheBone

BeefontheBone

Self-titling Egotist

• Members
  • 2953 posts

Posted 15 July 2005 - 02:18 PM

I'm not a member of the clergy, but I regularly paint my nails (often pink and purple) because it amuses me to confuse other straight men who aren't comfortable with homosexuality. I can also rotate my elbows so that the inside bit faces directly forwards, so it looks like my arms are on backwards.

EDIT: Oooh, I once won a trohpy for coming second in a lightning chess competition. How cool was I?

[center]
QUOTE (gregor)
also consider this - the turkey *male genital*ula is called little asia on some geographical maps maps.

I'm your solar-powered princess/Your technological soulmate.

#3 Havell

Havell

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 15 July 2005 - 02:23 PM

I can touch my elbows behind my back and I canlick my elbows.  Both of these things are supposedly impossible.  Ic an able wrap my arm around my head one full time so I can touch the ear on the same side of my head as my arm (if you can understand that, well done).  Oh, and I can bend my fingers back quite far.
IPB Image

#4 Tom Henrik

Tom Henrik

Funktastic Pimptabulous

• Validating
  • 2784 posts

Posted 15 July 2005 - 02:37 PM

I am not at a big fan of The Smurfs. I will only watch it if I am bored and there is absolutely nothing else to do.

I have a huge dual-scar from my knee to my ankle on the right foot, from a falling accident.

I love animals! Gonna settle down somewhere with a magnitude of pets.

I still have no idea how I came to be an admin. There was only Kosta in the beginning, and I always proposed he make Titan an admin. The next thing I knew was that I was suddenly admin number 2.

Favourite game is Minesweeper.

Favourite program is Paint.

(Ok.... so you all knew the last one already :) )

Yo!

#5 Himmler

Himmler

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 15 July 2005 - 02:45 PM

you freaks!
Ummm...i used to go to the church on easter nights to play hide and seek in the cemetery and ocasionally pick up bones digged out by dogs and stash them away...for later study..

I have a scar at my right leg since i and a friend went to a small powerplant planning to get in ...a man came and made some noise..my friend got scared and stepped in a big rusty half-ring that sliced my flesh

My left ankle was broken 2 years ago because i was skipping classes in the hallway...the principle came, almost saw me, and i was jumping out all of the stairs...didn't have the time to step on them..and at the last floor ...jumped not quite good and broke my ankle..afterwards..i passed out for 3 secs.

I like to look at my books...only to look...and the tv..well the tv i think it's pretty dusty :)

ahem...and my....grandfather ...loved the nazis invading Romania...he said they were the most educated people he has ever met...as for the russians that came, burned the inns, steal everything in sight, rape women and girls and chase everyone...those are his words

Most exciting game ...Minesweeper as well

My family has a root in ..Ireland...probably explains my adoration for the northen countries

#6 Havell

Havell

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 15 July 2005 - 03:01 PM

Tom Henrik, on Jul 15 2005, 03:37 PM, said:

I still have no idea how I came to be an admin. There was only Kosta in the beginning, and I always proposed he make Titan an admin. The next thing I knew was that I was suddenly admin number 2.
Titan was admin before you.  I was there when you were made admin.  Before that you were a mere super mod.
IPB Image

#7 Tom Henrik

Tom Henrik

Funktastic Pimptabulous

• Validating
  • 2784 posts

Posted 15 July 2005 - 04:51 PM

R Havell, on Jul 15 2005, 03:01 PM, said:

Tom Henrik, on Jul 15 2005, 03:37 PM, said:

Titan was admin before you.  I was there when you were made admin.  Before that you were a mere super mod.
See?

I have no clue at all :)

Yo!

#8 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6270 posts

Posted 15 July 2005 - 06:07 PM

Hmm let's see

I have a nice scar on my right hand left over from a biking little race I had, broke my pinky finger too as a result.

Used to do track in Junior High, made relay team and did 200 m was pretty fast, it ended up helping at the time when I played hockey, since as well I was fastest on my team and the ironic thing was I'm 6'1 on skates and it's not often ya see a tall guy charging at ya on skates, hehe.

Favourite tv show used to be simpsons back in grade 6 I used to know so much about it, could recite lines from episodes and whatnot used to do that during class to with a friend hehe, now it's Family Guy since Simpsons quality has gone down hill since season 11 or 12 imo, can't miss that show now a days.

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#9 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6304 posts

Posted 15 July 2005 - 06:26 PM

There's a street somewhere in Tehran that used to be named after my grandfather.

"Flippin' immigrants, stealin' our bandwidth etc. etc." - PrejudiceSucks

#10 Flop

Flop

Aspiring Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts

Posted 15 July 2005 - 06:36 PM

I have a dual citizenship, which means that I'm a citizen in both Denmark and Belgium. This is because my father is from Belgium (he just recently got his Danish citizenship), and according to their rules that entitles me to a citizenship. I don't vote in Belgium, though, since I'm not about to spend time trying to figure out the politics of all the Belgian political parties. :`)
Furthermore, it is my opinion that Carthage must be destroyed.

#11 PrejudiceSucks

PrejudiceSucks

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1865 posts

Posted 15 July 2005 - 06:38 PM

My Great-Great Grandfather led a riot which led to the abolition of the Window Tax.

My Greatx7 Grandfather was Cromwell's best friend at school (he's referenced to in a lot of Cromwell's journal entries at York Minster).

#12 Doc Adrian

Doc Adrian

Member Munchkin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 15 July 2005 - 08:11 PM

I have a scar on my right arm where a dog named "Tippy" who was about as big as horse tried to eat my arm because I smelled like the neighbors cat.  That is the only permanant mark I have on me.  As of this writing I have never broken a bone, needed life threatening surgery, or had more than a little bruise.

I knock on wood when I say stuff like that (even though I am not normally superstitious at all) and do it out of habit.

and despite getting 22 stitches into my arm I still like to train dogs...now I just really wash up first and avoid dogs that are twice my size
IPB Image
another great Signature and Avatar by Taikara -Thanks Tai

#13 MdaG

MdaG

AR-coholic

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts

Posted 15 July 2005 - 08:58 PM

My girlfriends cousin is Mats Sundin (Hockey player in NHL). My uncle is the head of the police force in Colombo (Sri Lanka). I can fly a two seat plane (my father is a pilot). I admire Stewie (from Family guy) because I've always wanted to take over the world :). I have all kinds of religions in my family (Catholics, Hindu, Protestants and Buddhists), while me and my brothers are more of a "there is probably something bigger than us, but we don't know what". I sometimes turn vegetarian for a couple of months when I get sick of meat. My cousin is one of my country's top long distance runners.

#14 Flop

Flop

Aspiring Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts

Posted 15 July 2005 - 09:54 PM

Remember to colour your fun facts guys. :)

I'm somehow related to Georges Simenon, who created the fictional detective Maigret. Don't ask me how I'm related to him, as I don't know. It's a pretty distant relation, I think.
Furthermore, it is my opinion that Carthage must be destroyed.

#15 Tom Henrik

Tom Henrik

Funktastic Pimptabulous

• Validating
  • 2784 posts

Posted 16 July 2005 - 12:15 PM

Meet my Great Great Grandfather on my father's side:

Posted Image
Wilhelm Friedrich Ludwig von Preußen
König Wilhelm von Preußen
Kaiser Wilhelm I. (der Große)

(There are some that say I look a lot like him.... *shrug* )

Allthough I am in direct line with him (father, son, father, son...), I am not entitled to anything. Reason is simple. Wilhelm Friedrich Ludwig von Preußen was lonely one night and found himself a prostitute (My Great Great Grandmother). The result was my Great Grandfather. This gave Kaiser Wilhelm I some serious problems, as he found himself with a child outside marriage. There was only two options that he ever considered:

1. Kill the mother and child.
2. Banish them from the country.

The final result was something close to a compromize. He tried to kill them, so they fled the country. Problem solved. They settled in The Netherlands and took the name Aaberg. Here he found a nice farmers girl, and they settled down and producer my Grandfather, who became a sailor. He eventually came to Stavanger, Norway, where he found a nice girl. They married and together they had a single son (and lots of daughters), my father.

The moral of the story: Don't have casual sex if you are bored, it might have some serious side-effects. Play games instead. :)

Yo!