21 replies to this topic

#16 Sinke

Sinke

AR-coholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 13 April 2006 - 12:28 PM

Yes, I remember waiting and waiting for the fuel level to increase. The "3-d space rotating starmap" was everything but 3-d and it was really lame.

Too bad. It could have been a great game.
One can always get mocked for being polite.

#17 Japofran

Japofran

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 14 April 2006 - 10:34 PM

Know what, guys? I volunteered to write a review for Abandonia (not A. Reloaded, just A.) and I chose Star Control 3. So if everything goes smooth it should be uploaded there shortly hereafter.

After having actually played SC3, I just think it sucks, stinks and does many other unpleasant things I won't bother you with (my review is far more polite than these words, too so I think). It's not just that it's unworthy of the saga, it's a bad game all on its own. Of course this is a personal opinion, LOL many disagree--but many more agree. (I've read a really cruel review but I won't link it here because it might be against the forum rules.) However, my complaints are well detailed and reasoned in my lengthy review, so feel free to check it out as soon as it's uploaded. :angel: Please.

I still think that, now that SC2 is open, some freelance developer should do as if SC3 didn't exist (definitely), and create a sequel more or less like Reiche and Ford would have done it.
..oO Mustached Crusader of the PEEKOCKSWOOZZLE Order Oo..
"STFU and show me your screenies!!"

#18 Sinke

Sinke

AR-coholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 16 April 2006 - 08:18 PM

Well, don't be too harsh, the game has it's values.

Well, now I go to play Master of Orion 2 and forget of Star Control Universe....
One can always get mocked for being polite.

#19 Japofran

Japofran

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 16 April 2006 - 09:30 PM

Check this OUT!

We (I) want us to do a Star Control sequel. [...] But maybe, just maybe, if enough of you people out there send me emails requesting that Toys For Bob do a legitimate sequel to Star Control 2, I'll be able to show them to Activision, along with a loaded handgun, and they will finally be convinced to roll the dice on this thing.
What are you waiting for!? Mail this guy! Spam him! Nail him to the ground with mails! :angel:
..oO Mustached Crusader of the PEEKOCKSWOOZZLE Order Oo..
"STFU and show me your screenies!!"

#20 Juni Ori

Juni Ori

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4277 posts

Posted 16 April 2006 - 09:32 PM

Tanaka, I just have to agree with you. SC3 was total failure, IMO. If somebody liked, good for him/her, but I didn't. And I think your idea of redoing it as it never existed is good. Well, we can only hope and wait and see.
...70 years... LOL

#21 TKOTolman

TKOTolman

Forum Peon

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 May 2006 - 09:31 PM

I love SC2 its #1 on my list of games, for all of you that would like to see a SC4 made by the orignal creators go to this site and sign the petition to have Activision relese the rights.

http://sc2.sourcefor...on/petition.php

You can also go to this site www.toysforbob.com this is his new company and he keeps up some news on how things are going we are around 2300 emails/petitions right now.

#22 MdaG

MdaG

AR-coholic

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts

Posted 15 December 2007 - 04:11 PM

This game is close to going 1.0 now. They only need nameable saves and more elegant code according to their web page.

Reply to this topic