#1 Tarael

Tarael

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 02:52 PM

Ok hi :ok:

I just wondering if anybody has a game making hobbie? I might later pop into gamemaking myself, I have tried out AGS program to make games. But took a break. I have 3d for a hobbie now (making 3d images and so on) and used a free program named "Art of  Illusion" (One of my creations in the program http://img168.images...ninaroom3do.png ). I have now moved to another more complicated 3d program named Blender (It has a game engine so maybe I can make games there).  But I also want to know what kind of hobbies you have :(

Picture I made in Blender:  http://img195.images...=myndhaf4tf.jpg

#2 DakaSha

DakaSha

Happy Little Tree-hugger

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2013 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 02:55 PM

i design games on paper... but i dont have any programing experiance so thats what they do... stay on paper  :ok:

other hobbies would be gaming... reloaded and being a weekend alcoholic

edit: almost forgot... i make music with fruity loops :(

Posted Image
For all you artists here... and we have enough. Please draw me something :D Click Here. If possible include your nick. A simple Test. dunno of the PICKLEWAESEL order!!1!2

#3 Juni Ori

Juni Ori

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • 4277 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 03:04 PM

DakaSha, on Apr 25 2006, 02:55 PM, said:

i design games on paper... but i dont have any programing experiance so thats what they do... stay on paper  :ok:

other hobbies would be gaming... reloaded and being a weekend alcoholic
Disturbing... We are too alike. In addition I can luckily add gym and soccer.
...70 years... LOL

#4 Tulac

Tulac

The Great Red Lemur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1546 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 03:06 PM

I play electric guitar that's the biggest hobby of mine, other than that, I play virtual stock exchange games...
Also I enjoy sleeping very much, if you can call that a hobby :ok:

DakaSha:if you go into a kindergarden and give all the kids rubber schlongs they will prob just hit each other over the head with them
DakaSha:and you have a class of little kids hitting eachother with rubber dongs which must be quite funny (also Picklweasel knight I am)

#5 DakaSha

DakaSha

Happy Little Tree-hugger

• Banned
  • 2013 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 03:09 PM

no thats an "art" :ok:

Posted Image
For all you artists here... and we have enough. Please draw me something :D Click Here. If possible include your nick. A simple Test. dunno of the PICKLEWAESEL order!!1!2

#6 Flop

Flop

Aspiring Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 03:14 PM

Well, I did try out AGS once, but backed out completely when I realised how much I suck at doing graphics. I did consider making a game mainly with photos, like that game someone showcased a while back (Stroggy, was it?), but I haven't done anything about it.

As for my hobbies, I guess that's mainly playing computer games and watching movies. I did play guitar for about eight years, but I haven't played for a couple of years now. Oh yeah, I love playing board games, too, as long as it's a good board game. :ok:
Furthermore, it is my opinion that Carthage must be destroyed.

#7 taikara

taikara

Tai-Fu Mastah

• Members
  • 2389 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 03:21 PM

I'd love to make a game, I wanted to be Roberta Williams as a kid :ok:

However, that is an as of yet unrealized dream.

...mainly because I can do graphics, but not well enough for what would be needed to make a game, and I can code, but I drive myself insane when I program or script, so I had to stop.

My hobbies include writing music, putzing around in Photoshop, and uhh... working on AR :(
..<[[[Tofu Ninja of the Pickasldawessle Order]]]>..
QUOTE (Tai - in response to DD on how people who fear change are like cats)
you mean the "you moved my litterbox, so I'm going to pee in your clothes hamper" attitude?
Yes, I just quoted myself. ph34r my T4i-F00!!.
doodoodoo!!!

#8 Sean

Sean

Just call me Mr. Magic!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1265 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 03:27 PM

Flop, on Apr 25 2006, 03:14 PM, said:

Well, I did try out AGS once, but backed out completely when I realised how much I suck at doing graphics. I did consider making a game mainly with photos, like that game someone showcased a while back (Stroggy, was it?), but I haven't
Well, my problem was the opposite. Although, I suck at pixel art I abused my position as a UnrealEd mapper and began creating background art and what not for my game but I got VERY frustrated with the amount of time neccessary to then import my art into AGS. I'd spend a day mapping,modifying,cropping,importing,zoning and finally writting interactions. If I had a guy that would do all the AGS leg work for me I'd have gotten much further. Although, I'm considering picking the project back up very soon, hopefull I'll get myself some help this time :kosta:

My hobbies are as follows:

Gaming (Xbox/Xbox360.PS2 and low-end PC)

Writeing, although I don't write much I enjoy it enough to call it a hobby, creatively of course.

Reading ( :ok: )

Watching TV

Graphic Design.

My life is solely driven by technology, sad  :(
Me>You

#9 Tom Henrik

Tom Henrik

Funktastic Pimptabulous

• Validating
  • 2784 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 03:37 PM

I like to make lists, do pooey jobs, play games and to draw from time to time and listen to music (and of course work on the site).

I think my favourite hobby, though would be that...

EDIT by Beef: Removed swear. Tsk tsk!

Attached Files

Edited by BeefontheBone, 25 April 2006 - 05:45 PM.

Yo!

#10 Sean

Sean

Just call me Mr. Magic!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1265 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 03:41 PM

Tom Henrik, on Apr 25 2006, 03:37 PM, said:

I like to make lists, do pooey jobs, play games and to draw from time to time and listen to music (and of course work on the site).

I think my favourite hobby, though would be that...
:kosta:

That's not fair.  You gave yourself an afro, cheater!

Is this what you was busy with the other night?

Apparently Tom doesn't have time to make those cool sketches he used to, I think it's about time we pry some from his mind!  :ok:

Seriouslly though, I really think you should draw something that interests you.. Tai perhaps :)

Do you remember the last time you sketched?  :(
Me>You

#11 Tom Henrik

Tom Henrik

Funktastic Pimptabulous

• Validating
  • 2784 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 03:46 PM

That pixel is old, Sean. Shame on you :ok:

And I have made a drawing of Tai.... Last time I sketched?... eeeh.... I doodled an eye on a piece of paper in a resturant in Florida. Does that count?

Yo!

#12 Tarael

Tarael

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 03:49 PM

The story of me leaving of AGS

I got a backround from "Aladin" and used the Default main-character. Okey made one object to pick up and created a ugly guy so the main-character wouldn't be all alone. Made a funny conversation (spelled?) and made a wallkable area. The first level was finnished and I was very proud. Then I got some fonts (recomended by another AGS icelandic guy) for Icelandic and trancelated (wrongly spelled but you get the idea) to Icelandic, but after a long time changing all the letters manualy I started the game (or the one level :ok: ).  But the game reported a error message telling me that german and bla bla where not supported. Ok no big deal I just change it to english again, but now the guy wouldn't want to walk (execpt to pick something up or move to the ugly man to talk to him) So I said some words like **** and you son of a *****.  And that is why I stopped in ags.

The end.

Sorry for my english.

#13 Sean

Sean

Just call me Mr. Magic!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1265 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 03:51 PM

Tom Henrik, on Apr 25 2006, 03:46 PM, said:

That pixel is old, Sean. Shame on you :kosta:

And I have made a drawing of Tai.... Last time I sketched?... eeeh.... I doodled an eye on a piece of paper in a resturant in Florida. Does that count?
I saw a similar pixel before,wasn't sure if it was the same one. Did you just add the caption or is this a total remake of what you made last year from that photo.

As for your skectes if I can't see it then no it doesn't blooming count  :(

Where's this Tai sketch?

I always knew you had some special minding reading power. How else would you know I was going to make all of those mistakes in my reviews for SimAnt  :ok:
Me>You

#14 taikara

taikara

Tai-Fu Mastah

• Members
  • 2389 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 04:07 PM

@Tarael: Ouch. Sounds quirky. But don't give up though! Not that I'm really one to talk, as I haven't even tried it yet :(

@Sean: [jedi mind trick] There is no Tai sketch. [/jedi mind trick] :ok:

:kosta:
..<[[[Tofu Ninja of the Pickasldawessle Order]]]>..
QUOTE (Tai - in response to DD on how people who fear change are like cats)
you mean the "you moved my litterbox, so I'm going to pee in your clothes hamper" attitude?
Yes, I just quoted myself. ph34r my T4i-F00!!.
doodoodoo!!!

#15 Aristharus

Aristharus

Daily Denizen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 04:33 PM

Hobbies?
Umm.. I think it would be Music, games, music, music etc.

Music consisting of listening, playing mostly the electric bass, some piano and (now comes the surprise) even some accordion. And all kinds of band stuff, too.

Games consisting of.. Umm.. games. Board, computer, RPGs and such.

That's mostly what there is to it. My life sounds interesting.. Oh, let's not forget the weekend alcoholic thing, though...
What is it about a beautiful sunny afternoon, with the birds singing and the wind rustling through the leaves, that makes you want to get drunk?