#1 Docktor_Worm

Docktor_Worm

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 16 August 2006 - 03:07 PM

http://sco.gpotato.com/
It's a fun free MMO that actually takes skill to play from the makers of FLYFF. It's freeware, but if you want more stuff you can pay.
IPB Image
...her rabid glow is like braille to the night

#2 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6304 posts

Posted 16 August 2006 - 04:32 PM

So it's "free" in the sense that AdventureQuest is free? I'm not sure if we can count that as freeware...:bleh:

"Flippin' immigrants, stealin' our bandwidth etc. etc." - PrejudiceSucks

#3 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 16 August 2006 - 04:37 PM

Wells looks like the download is free, but yeah if you want extra content you have to pay for it, so technically technically not pure freeware.

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#4 Moogle

Moogle

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1035 posts

Posted 16 August 2006 - 10:35 PM

Besides the cash shop its totally free if I'm not mistaken. Haven't looked at it in a while though so I unno.
:bleh:, Flyff is deaddddddddd. They totally screwed their community over. Plus 1/2+ of the people are gonna migrate to Rappelz...
Wow, takes so long to post on a laptop with this stupid Wi Fi, vacation o0

#5 RyGuy

RyGuy

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 18 August 2006 - 03:10 AM

This is sort of like "Gunz: The Duel" except Gunz never got this far, yet you guys still added it.
IPB Image

#6 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 18 August 2006 - 03:12 AM

Honestly don't follow your train of thought, what do you mean, never got this far? :bleh:

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#7 RyGuy

RyGuy

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 18 August 2006 - 03:15 AM

View PostDeathDude, on Aug 17 2006, 11:12 PM, said:

Honestly don't follow your train of thought, what do you mean, never got this far? :bleh:
They lost support with all the hacks that were going on I'm told. Their progress has been halted. "Never got this far" to the pay for extras.

Edit: Whopper of a download too, 982mb. And that's the installer!
IPB Image

#8 Moogle

Moogle

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1035 posts

Posted 18 August 2006 - 04:49 AM

Gunz also is killing its community...

#9 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • 6304 posts

Posted 18 August 2006 - 06:48 AM

Well, but in this case we know in advance that there's a commercial side to it, right? If I remember correctly, that wasn't the case with Gunz, and we did have a discussion about whether or not we should update it as soon as we heard of it...

#10 RyGuy

RyGuy

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 18 August 2006 - 10:13 PM

Just thought I'd give my 2 cents. I'd download it, but I can't seem to register, I keep getting a message "Username is NOT valid" :bleh:
IPB Image

#11 Potatoe

Potatoe

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1487 posts

Posted 19 August 2006 - 08:01 PM

View PostRyGuy, on Aug 18 2006, 10:13 PM, said:

Just thought I'd give my 2 cents. I'd download it, but I can't seem to register, I keep getting a message "Username is NOT valid" :bleh:
Have you tried different usernames? The username you are trying to make might already be taken?

#12 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 19 August 2006 - 08:05 PM

Yeah sounds more like the username might be taken, might want to try some different ones.

#13 Blood-Pigggy

Blood-Pigggy

No mo' jibba jabba

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1901 posts

Posted 20 August 2006 - 09:48 PM

Um excuse me people, you have Soldat on this site, which is essentially shareware, it's not even entirely freeware, you need to actually pay to unlock most of the features of that game, if we have Soldat on this site, we should be able to have this.

Knight of the PICKLEWAESEL order!!1!21
Best Topics Ever: Aywanez Splenda Women PICKLEWESSEL Signs OMG

#14 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • 6304 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 07:49 AM

Soldat was actually one of the first games on the site, though, so it might just be that when it was added, it hadn't occurred to anyone yet that the exact definition of what constitutes freeware might be a problem. I agree that it's a bit of a contradiction (sort of like with the handful of Windows games on AB, which were mostly added during an early stage, as far as I know), but I nevertheless think it's better to stick to a slightly stricter definition of freeware for our future updates. After all, we don't want to end up one out of dozens of confusing "free games"-websites that lump shareware and demos of commercial games together with "real" freeware.
Let's see what the rest of the crew say...
*creates thread*

#15 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 03:41 PM

Indeed an early addition to the site this was, so things change, but guess we shall see what the rest of the team says on this *goes to view thread*

Reply to this topic