that looks really nice

#62 _r.u.s.s.

_r.u.s.s.

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 03:57 PM

looks very nice but don't forget to concentrate on the most important point of the game- the gameplay=P
www.abandonia.com < www.reloaded.org
right now :(

#63 Fubb

Fubb

Forum Peon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 April 2009 - 01:22 AM

Wow this is looking really great! ^_^ I'd get RPG Maker XP if it had more then jsut a 30 day trial, i can't make a game in 30 days. My only hopes are to learn to code ;)

#64 Nick

Nick

Tech-Support Guru

• Admin
  • 6055 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 06:46 AM

(Holy mother of god! He's back! Muwhaha!)  ;) ^_^

Hello everyone,

I’m sorry that it has been more than a month since I last logged on to Reloaded. But I’m at an age now where my life is getting a bit more busy. I can no longer devote every waking minute to game development. :band: I will be going into my final year of high school, and I have to study for my traffic school exams. :pimp: I also am helping out with beta testing of the new Linux.com (By bug-testing, forum posting, and blog writing). LOL

But I have some great news! I’m not canceling Liberta! Instead, Liberta is getting a complete overhaul, genre and game-type wise. The new Liberta will be a cross between a dungeon-crawler and monster battle sim (like Nethack). Basically, you will battle monsters in a mysterious dungeon, gaining points and new items as you go. But the replay value is huge. Every time you clear one room, you have a choice of two different rooms. Each one has a clue to what lies behind it, but be careful which one you choose. Your goal is to reach the final level, beat the boss's, and unlock free-play mode. But since each door leads you to a room that is completely different than the other, it add’s a huge game of guessing, luck, and strategy. Plus you can try to beat your friends high scores as well. You can also try to find some of the rarest monsters, who happen to have secret items to help you in your quest.

This game will allow me to make an awesome, large, and addictive game. Without having to write scripts for NPC citizens and do other time consuming tasks (that take away from the main game). I believe that’s why many open-world games don’t reach the final version. It’s just too overwhelming. I’m actually very happy with the new Liberta, plus it makes it easier to create expansion packs... :apple:

Now, on to the technical stuff. Liberta will be built on the old Liberta’s code, engine, and graphics (the new graphics). And Liberta will still run under Wine. Yay! :(

So what do you guys think? ^_^

#65 _r.u.s.s.

_r.u.s.s.

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 12:43 PM

i like npcs and open world games=/
www.abandonia.com < www.reloaded.org
right now :(

#66 Frodo

Frodo

Your neck looks very... tasty!

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 01:42 PM

Great to see you back, Nick.   :(

Good luck with the overhaul of Liberta.  Hope you post some screenshots for it.   ;)

But if this is your final year at school, you're gonna have a busy time.  But your exams come before Liberta and Linux testing.   ^_^   I wish you all the best.   ^_^
Please click on my dragons to help them grow -    Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image

#67 Nick

Nick

Tech-Support Guru

• Admin
  • 6055 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 09:54 PM

Russ: Once you see the massive dungeons and multiple endings and multiple possibiltes, I think it will change your mind. ;)

Frodo: Glad to be back. ^_^ As for screenshots, expect some this week. As well as a demo. I will also be remodeling the main post. If you could be so kind, can you change the thread title to "Liberta". It keeps things simple. :(

#68 Nick

Nick

Tech-Support Guru

• Admin
  • 6055 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 06:42 AM

Here are some screenshot's ^_^

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Enjoy the eye-candy. ;)

#69 Nick

Nick

Tech-Support Guru

• Admin
  • 6055 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 01:26 AM

Hello everyone,

Well I’m proud to announce that the new Liberta demo, has finally arrived. I ran behind schedule after my mother was admitted into the hospital. She had a cist that had ruptured overnight. She was in the hospital for about a week. She’s okay now, but it was hard going back to the same hospital, after we had lost my grandfather back in November. He had died after fighting for 49 days in the ICU. But, we are getting through it. On top of that, we’re trying to get out of the hell-hole we call Florida, and move to Pennsylvania. Meanwhile I’m still trying to get my Learners Permit. So, I have been a little delayed when it comes to Liberta. But, here it is! The long awaited demo!

Tell me what you think about it. The demo contains 3 levels, each with 2 different rooms, which makes a total of 6 level rooms. The grand total of rooms, including start-zones, comes to 18. The demo is highly replay-able because of the multiple room choices. Enjoy!

Download

#70 Frodo

Frodo

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 02:08 AM

I'm sorry about your mum being in hospital, but I'm glad she's okay now.  

And I'm so sorry about your grandfather.   *huggles*   :whistle:
Please click on my dragons to help them grow -    Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image

#71 Nick

Nick

Tech-Support Guru

• Admin
  • 6055 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 04:43 AM

Thanks Frodo. It's nice to find someone who care's, on this crazy wasteland we call the "web". :( :whistle:

When you have a chance to download the demo, tell me what you think of it.

#72 Frodo

Frodo

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 03:34 PM

Nice little demo you have there, Nick.  But are you aware the download link expires in 25 June?   :(  

It's great that you get to choose which character to play, and I love the wee ghostie that is used to select character.   :whistle:

Good, cheerful music, and great sound effects.  The cat meowing is brilliant.  I like the sound when you fight baddies.

Good style of graphics.  Rain is effective.  The treasure chests that has bonus items hidden inside them are a nice touch.  And the crossroad signs giving directions are also really good.  Campfires littered around the place gave it quite an eerie atmosphere.  Cute character animations when fighting, especially when 'Wave Of Slumber' is used.  

But

I wanted to explore village more, but I couldn't.  I could only go to shipping yard, and that's all.

You can walk over what I assume are firey lava pools, without getting hurt.  

The screen with 2 ghosts, near end of the demo.  I fought them, and it kept telling me I won.  But the ghosts never disappeared.  It wouldn't let me go back to previous room, and I couldn't go to next room since ghost was in the way.  So I just had to Quit the game.  

:shrug:

#73 Nick

Nick

Tech-Support Guru

• Admin
  • 6055 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 08:56 PM

Thanks for the review Frodo. :( Now let me address some of the issues:

- The demo will expire on June 25th because a brand new, hopefully bug-free demo will be arriving before then.

- As for exploration, I will open up more of the town in the future. But right now I’m focusing on the levels. If you have a keen eye, you’ll notice that the town is actually the city of Vetly from the old Liberta. :) I still have to redesign and rewrite the scripts for the townsfolk and stuff like that.

- When your character walks over lava, you lose 1 health point. This add’s a bit of strategy to the game. So instead of running out into the lava, I made some shorter and more strategic paths, That way you can keep a lot of strength to fight the monsters. However, even though the player can lower their health down to 1, you can not die from the lava. Going into a battle with a health level of 1 will definitely kill you though. :shrug:

-As for the ghosts, congrats! You have officially found the first real bug! Here’s a cookie *Hands oatmeal cookie over to Frodo*. Seriously though, thanks for finding that. I have already fixed the bug for the next demo release.

This is going to be a long process of demos, but I would rather release a lot of demos, rather than just posting updates all the time. It gives everyone a chance to preview the game. I have high hopes for Liberta. And unlike the old Liberta, I feel as if I can actually finish the game by the end of summer. Maybe. If the force is with me.... :whistle:

Well, let me get back to work on the next demo of Liberta. Consider the current demo a tech and genre unveiling demo. The next one, will be a lot longer, and better. :shrug:

#74 Nick

Nick

Tech-Support Guru

• Admin
  • 6055 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 08:25 PM

Announcement:
New Dungeon System

I have decided to use a different method for the dungeon levels. Instead of using 20x15 maps, I’ll be using randomized 300x300 maps. So instead of the simple and small level rooms, I’ll be creating massive sprawling dungeons. As an example, think of Nethack. Plus every time you play, you’ll land in a different area. A map might be needed though. Since you could easily get lost in the dungeon. Even I have gotten lost trying to add objects to it! :whistle:

This will make my life much easier, since the dungeons are automatically created by RPG Maker 2003. Here's what to expect:
-More in-depth gameplay
-Huge levels to explore
-Random monster attacks (Think of Pokemon as an example)
-Quicker release date

New release date for ONLY demo: June 7th
Release date for game: July 4th

#75 Nick

Nick

Tech-Support Guru

• Admin
  • 6055 posts

Posted 30 May 2009 - 05:00 AM

Alright guys, I'm uploading a special treat for all of you...

The new Dungeon Engine test! :whistle: Basically, walk around the dungeon and try out the new system. See if you like the random attacks or planned attacks better. This test will include 5 types of random enemies. Remember, this is not a demo, just a simple test. :(

I'll have the download posted shortly...