348 replies to this topic

#76 Juni Ori

Juni Ori

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4277 posts

Posted 23 July 2005 - 10:44 PM

That 'on flames' mutation is absolutely best I've discovered. It has to be some wierd and rare bug you've encountered, Mdag. About random teleportation, are there any rings, amulets or skill of teleport control, like I know there are in couple of similar games. And yes, I hate random teleportation almost as much as those white louses that are can't harm you at some point, but are extremely annoying when their number grows.. Overall every creature breeding fast is annoying. Hate them.

:)
...70 years... LOL

#77 BeefontheBone

BeefontheBone

Self-titling Egotist

• Members
  • 2953 posts

Posted 24 July 2005 - 09:56 AM

Yup, there are items of anti-teleport that stop it happening randomly, and stop monsters doing it to you. Whether they stop you from doing it deliberately I'm not sure. They might control the random effects of spells like Dimension Door too, not sure.

Breeding creatures are ace - just farm them for experience. The ones which are worth bugger all experience are the annoying ones - like the louses. I was doing that the other day with a chaos warrior, there was a whole screen full of yellow worm masses and i was just getting bored and hacking my way to the exit when i levelled up, and got the message that my "patron assaults your enemies! -more-" He managed to melt every single one of them (must have been about 50) two at a time with me sitting there giggling and pressing enter. You get all the experience for them too :)
[center]
QUOTE (gregor)
also consider this - the turkey *male genital*ula is called little asia on some geographical maps maps.

I'm your solar-powered princess/Your technological soulmate.

#78 Juni Ori

Juni Ori

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • 4277 posts

Posted 24 July 2005 - 11:19 PM

Well Beefy - if I may call you that - they are good for exp after lobotomy! And as they are worth 0.01 to 0.25 after short you have to massacre ridiculous numbers to get even one level. Not my kinda playing. Then there're of course these spells of mega-destruction but as I can't keep my wiz alive more than three or four levels - at the best that is - I really don't know about them! And about exp gained from single creature there seems to be some that give ridiculous amounts of exp compared to their toughness!

Overall after longer consideration I'm giving this game a bit higher rating. A bit more balancing, permanent dungeon levels - I just hate them changing - and more interaction with NPCs and I'd give this 5. Now - finally - I'll give it 4.

;)  ;)  ;)  :)  ;)
...70 years... LOL

#79 Juni Ori

Juni Ori

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • 4277 posts

Posted 25 July 2005 - 03:09 AM

Hmm.. interesting Beastman Chaoswarrior I have at the moment:
Str 18/40  INT 15  WIS 14  DEX 18/34  CON 18/41  CHA 6
-all have been improved by chaos god
Mutations:
You can Mind Blast your enemies (3 to 12d3 damage)
Your blood sometimes rushes to your muscles

AND magical healing from chaos god!

I'm at level 9 and have found absolutely nothing more magical equipment than Long Sword (2d5) (+3, +4), excluding naturally scrolls and potions. Most weirdest part is that I haven't yet even descended deeper than dungeon level 3. And I'm on level 9!
;)
But, I have few questions:
1) How can my DEX and CON be /34 and /41? Just by curiosity, as if it had any significant effect to my character.
2)What the hell does that second mutation (blood rush) mean? I've no idea and haven't noticed any change.

Thanks in advance.

PS: afraid of how long my luck with my chaos god continues..  :)
...70 years... LOL

#80 MdaG

MdaG

AR-coholic

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts

Posted 25 July 2005 - 04:54 AM

My chaos God thougth I relied to much on my equipment and destroyed my armor...

#81 BeefontheBone

BeefontheBone

Self-titling Egotist

• Members
  • 2953 posts

Posted 25 July 2005 - 08:41 AM

It can be worth keeping some spares in the home in case that happens, once you can afford not to have to seel everything straight away. I've never seen stats /34 and /41 before - weird. I'm not sure about the blood rushing thing. I expect it'll be like the one which sometimes makes you invincible or the one that makes you berserk - you'll sometimes get a message telling you "your blood rushes to your muscles" or something and then get extra damage or strength or something for a few turns.

Obviously there's no point farming things which are worth 0.25 points to you, but if you're a bit deeper you often meet worm masses and so on which are worth at least 1 point each - I sometimes farm them for a bit, depending on what mood i'm in.
[center]
QUOTE (gregor)
also consider this - the turkey *male genital*ula is called little asia on some geographical maps maps.

#82 BeefontheBone

BeefontheBone

Self-titling Egotist

• Members
  • 2953 posts

Posted 29 July 2005 - 06:10 PM

Apologies for double posting, but this will hopefully be quite interesting - I've been working on a ZangbandTK guide and it'd be nice if you guys wanted to help out with it (or just massage my ego a bit :)). So far I've written a few general tips and some information for starting a first character, with a few bits I copied from this thread which are yet to be properly organised at the end. The remaining bits are better suited to bits from various people, so if you have something to add, wish to make a correction (even if you've just spotted a typo) please PM me rather than posting in here so as not to make the thread too spammy. With any luck we can add the file to the game archive or add it as some kind of extra (which isn't something we currently have the capacity for in fact, although this wouldn't be the only game with one) once it's more like finished.

Update: 18/08/2005 uploaded v0.2, with section 4 complete and yet more additions to the command list.

Anyway, have a look:

Attached Files

Edited by BeefontheBone, 18 August 2005 - 02:46 PM.

[center]
QUOTE (gregor)

#83 PrejudiceSucks

PrejudiceSucks

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1865 posts

Posted 11 August 2005 - 10:53 AM

So how far has anyone got down? Also, has anyone killed the final boss yet?

#84 MdaG

MdaG

AR-coholic

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts

Posted 11 August 2005 - 11:17 AM

PrejudiceSucks, on Aug 11 2005, 12:53 PM, said:

So how far has anyone got down? Also, has anyone killed the final boss yet?
Hehehe, I'm not even getting past level 7.  :)
I think I'll stick to something else, this is not my cup of tea.

#85 KA_Oz

KA_Oz

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 11 August 2005 - 05:31 PM

I can get to about twenty before any of my little questers bites the dust. Ah well. Are there any good race to class combos other than Beastman/Chaos Warrior that you fellows know of?
user posted image

#86 PrejudiceSucks

PrejudiceSucks

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1865 posts

Posted 12 August 2005 - 09:55 AM

Human Warrior, I suggested it to BeefOnTheBone to put in the guide.

Reason?

Because you level up very, very quickly and this nets you very high amounts of health. It doesnīt really matter that you donīt have any special abilities, thatīs not really a problem.

#87 KA_Oz

KA_Oz

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 12 August 2005 - 06:21 PM

Elven Rangers do well for me.
user posted image

#88 PrejudiceSucks

PrejudiceSucks

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1865 posts

Posted 13 August 2005 - 03:30 PM

Bleh, they might be good at shooting but they take ages to level up and are not as good in Hand to Hand fighting.

#89 BeefontheBone

BeefontheBone

Self-titling Egotist

• Members
  • 2953 posts

Posted 14 August 2005 - 10:26 AM

there's a couple mentioned in the guide (which I'll get working on again when I get home this afternoon) - I found a Nibelung Rogue to be rather effective (my 3rd best character and more fun than the others, until she was killed by a bunch of demons - bloomin' arch-viles!); just take up residence in Morivant or Angwil and visit the Rogues' guild often.

Deepest I've been is about 30 i think.
[center]
QUOTE (gregor)

#90 BeefontheBone

BeefontheBone

Self-titling Egotist

• Members
  • 2953 posts

Posted 18 August 2005 - 02:45 PM

Double posting again I'm afraid, but I thought I'd make you guys aware of the update to the guide I've done. I'll get tai to add it to the first post later.

This version has section 4 completed - info on all the Towns (I don't think I've missed one, anyway) and a bit about Quests. Enjoy!

Incidentally, I'd still like some more suggestions/comments/etc about it - it looks a bit bare with just PrejudiceSucks' name in it!

Attached Files

[center]
QUOTE (gregor)

Back to Games on Reloaded

Reply to this topic