58 replies to this topic

#31 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6270 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 02:13 PM

Well I agree that monitoring every aspect of it to get the stat boost is annoying and time consuming, especially if your like me and wanted to master every esper for every character in FF 6 (So that's 14)  :ok:

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#32 taikara

taikara

Tai-Fu Mastah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2389 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 05:52 PM

It amazes me how many people say they dislike FF9 - it's actually really good, it just doesn't fit into the flow of the progression of the FF series. Yeah, it's a little sillier (at first), and more "cutsie", but when it comes to all-time annoyingness in a FF game, can anyone say "Yuffie?"

I like FF9 (and actually FF8 as well) a whole lot better than I like FF7. Most of the characters in FF7 make me want to stab myself in the eyeballs.
..<[[[Tofu Ninja of the Pickasldawessle Order]]]>..
QUOTE (Tai - in response to DD on how people who fear change are like cats)
you mean the "you moved my litterbox, so I'm going to pee in your clothes hamper" attitude?
Yes, I just quoted myself. ph34r my T4i-F00!!.
doodoodoo!!!

#33 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 05:59 PM

:ok: Ya Final Fantasy 7 had the odd bunch of characters, cat sith anyone?

I agree that FF 9 is a great game, yeah it doesn't fit in the series, but the story is really awesome and all the events that happen in game, always kept me on the edge of my seat, and a much easier battle system and some fun mini games and side quests, and some good characters like everyone's fav black mage Vivi. :D

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#34 PrejudiceSucks

PrejudiceSucks

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1865 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 07:26 PM

Bleh, but it was super-cutesie, that was the problem. Plus the main character looked like Squall, but had none of the depth. Bah...

While we're on the subject, great as it is, FF7 is over-rated. FF8 is the kind, nay, the emperor of the Final Fantasy games and probably always will be.

#35 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 08:51 PM

That's what was entertaining though the many cutscenes, I for one am a fan of them and say bring on more cutscenes! :ok:

Final Fantasy 7 imo is actually one of the best of the series, good story, great magic system, and good length it's one of the best. Only other one that comes close like I've said before is 6 and well it's really these 2 that get the main props from square fans from other boards I visit. 8 was good with a decent story, but terrible magic system (Worst of the series) and Squall was not as entertaining as the main character as some of the others before him.

#36 PrejudiceSucks

PrejudiceSucks

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1865 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 10:04 PM

No, but I still quite liked him.

#37 Dvoe

Dvoe

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 11:44 PM

I liked Squall from FF8 much more than Zidane (sp?) from FF9. But as a whole FF9 was much better than FF8. Such a fun story with amazing cut scenes. :ok:

#38 Moogle

Moogle

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1035 posts

Posted 11 February 2006 - 12:01 AM

Hmm, instead of saying what I hate I'l say what I like, and talk about some negative :D

Ok, the main reason I like FF is that, it really is quite casual. You can sit and play for a short bit and find a sae poin and then just go off and do something else (although, some of us don't quite just stop ;) ), its not like other RPGs where ":D! so close to leveling! must play play play!" And, the main reason is that, for such a long game(s), it keeps you interested. I loved the story lines and how there were always little twists, also how you went along and always met new characters.

And, how is FF "cutsie", FF:CC doesn't count :P

Ok, I think the main reason that people don't cre for FF7 is that, its overated. Yah, the fanboys / girls talk about how ":ok: FF7 is t3h best game evah!" its a good game, but not nearly as good as some people make it to be, people go into it and expect it to be superb and the best, and are disapointed when they play it.

And  how could you hate FF9? Its got moogles, isn't that enough?  :ok: ;) :P

#39 DakaSha

DakaSha

Happy Little Tree-hugger

• Banned
  • 2013 posts

Posted 05 March 2006 - 08:24 PM

man... i hate:

Going to nibelheim.... running through the stupid mansion looking for the damn code to the safe... defeating the safe monster (which is supposed to be so hard) whilst only getting hit once... then going downstairs... and being killed by a normal monster (ying/yang)

not only that but the stupid monster takes 5 minuets per attack... ARGH... also i hadnt saved untill before the fight with the safe monster... so double ARGH

(on a side note... i got cait siths second limit break... the slot machine... and didnt know anything about it... the second time i used it i was lucky to get the 3X Bar :( which is the knights of the round table... that attack is just plain awsome :) :P :Brain:  it also happend to be on a boss char... haha i took off like what... 2500 X 12 hitpoints :angel:)

Posted Image
For all you artists here... and we have enough. Please draw me something :D Click Here. If possible include your nick. A simple Test. dunno of the PICKLEWAESEL order!!1!2

#40 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 05 March 2006 - 08:45 PM

Oh yeah I remember that place, fun times, never did use Cat Sith much never found him to be an effective character compared with the others, but I do remember trying so hard to get a gold chocobo, the amount of times trying to get I think I had a green male and every time I would end up with another blue male, took me maybe 20 tries before I got a female.

#41 DakaSha

DakaSha

Happy Little Tree-hugger

• Banned
  • 2013 posts

Posted 05 March 2006 - 08:47 PM

heh i thought cait wasnt that effective also untill i saw that attack... it is COOL looking too.. takes forever to finish :(

one thing about cait is that he has a butt load of HP so he can be a nice help

Posted Image
For all you artists here... and we have enough. Please draw me something :D Click Here. If possible include your nick. A simple Test. dunno of the PICKLEWAESEL order!!1!2

#42 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 05 March 2006 - 09:04 PM

The odds of getting that attack aren't that great though, least so I've heard, rather go through the process of getting the gold chocobo to get knights of the round, although that attack itself really makes the game so much easier.

#43 DakaSha

DakaSha

Happy Little Tree-hugger

• Banned
  • 2013 posts

Posted 05 March 2006 - 09:12 PM

oh i didnt know that you could get it another way... is it a summoning?

Posted Image

#44 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 05 March 2006 - 09:52 PM

Yup it is. One of the best summonings in the game, but you need to get a gold chocobo to find it, and that's the fun part. :(

#45 Doubler

Doubler

A regular Llama

• Admin
  • 2740 posts

Posted 05 March 2006 - 10:01 PM

Heh, isn't it supposed to be the best?
I never managed to get a gold chocobo, by the way. I was pretty much set, but I could never find one of those highest quality chocobo's you need.

Wonderfull sig and avvie by Taikara :D