93 replies to this topic

#31 BeefontheBone

BeefontheBone

Self-titling Egotist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2953 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 11:46 AM

Just turned over my calendar and realised I'm off to see Reel Big Fish tonight - I'd forgotten about that... :blink:
[center]
QUOTE (gregor)
also consider this - the turkey *male genital*ula is called little asia on some geographical maps maps.

I'm your solar-powered princess/Your technological soulmate.

#32 Stroggy

Stroggy

AR-coholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 12:34 PM

My most memorable concert (opera) was Nabucco at the Verona amphitheatre. The rock seats were hard even through the pillows we bought and it was hot and crowded, but it was still an amazing experience.

#33 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6270 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 01:02 PM

Whoo Sonata Artica in 3 days, it's coming up fast. :blink:

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#34 Dvoe

Dvoe

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 07:39 PM

I've seen alot of live shows over the years but my most memorable one was in September 2002 when I saw In Flames, Soulfly and Slayer on the same bill. The setlists and performances were awesome and I witnessed perhaps one of the most brutal moshpits ever concieved. I barely survived the show and had trouble using my feet on the car pedals on the way back :blink:

Other notables were in April 2001 when I met Godsmack after their show here and Metallica in March 2004 which was a dream come true for me.

#35 Sean

Sean

Just call me Mr. Magic!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1265 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 07:49 PM

What would you do if I said I'd never been to a concert before? :blink:
Me>You

#36 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 07:55 PM

Tell you to get yourself to a concert proto to experience it. :P

Hoping myself for some memorable concerts that might head here, would be nice if Dream Theater, Blind Guardian, In Flames all came and Queensryche again.  :blink:

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#37 Tulac

Tulac

The Great Red Lemur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1546 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 08:46 PM

BeefontheBone, on Feb 1 2006, 12:46 PM, said:

Just turned over my calendar and realised I'm off to see Reel Big Fish tonight - I'd forgotten about that... :P
They still exist? :blink:

DakaSha:if you go into a kindergarden and give all the kids rubber schlongs they will prob just hit each other over the head with them
DakaSha:and you have a class of little kids hitting eachother with rubber dongs which must be quite funny (also Picklweasel knight I am)

#38 BeefontheBone

BeefontheBone

Self-titling Egotist

• Members
  • 2953 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 01:15 AM

BeefontheBone, on Feb 1 2006, 12:46 PM, said:

Just turned over my calendar and realised I'm off to see Reel Big Fish tonight - I'd forgotten about that... :blink:
And they were very good, as were the support - the Fish have tightened up since I last saw them :P
[center]
QUOTE (gregor)
also consider this - the turkey *male genital*ula is called little asia on some geographical maps maps.

I'm your solar-powered princess/Your technological soulmate.

#39 Juni Ori

Juni Ori

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • 4277 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 12:38 PM

DD, you better enjoy on my behalf too! I'm so jealous! Have fun! :blink:
...70 years... LOL

#40 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 01:07 PM

Thanks Juni. :blink: I definitely will enjoy every minute of it, one of my fav bands as of late, can't wait only 2 days whoo. :P

#41 Tulac

Tulac

The Great Red Lemur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1546 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 03:32 PM

BeefontheBone, on Feb 2 2006, 02:15 AM, said:

And they were very good, as were the support - the Fish have tightened up since I last saw them :blink:
Yeah I always wanted to see their live show, but they're coming closest to me in Vienna, and that's too far away :/

DakaSha:if you go into a kindergarden and give all the kids rubber schlongs they will prob just hit each other over the head with them
DakaSha:and you have a class of little kids hitting eachother with rubber dongs which must be quite funny (also Picklweasel knight I am)

#42 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 09:22 AM

I just got back from Sonata Arctica tonight and wow. I'm still in shock and amazement over how well it all went. Big crowd tonight at the venue, honestly was expecting smaller because since Sonata still growing as a band, but it was awesome to see. Great show overall, the guys from Sonata did incredible, everyone was on their game. :blink: Loved every minute of it. :D

And at the end of it all, we waited awhile and got to meet most of the guys from Sonata. :P I got autographs from Jani their guitarist, their bassist, Tommy their drummer and Tony the mastermind of the band, shook his hand not once but twice and got two pictures with him and my friends, needless to say it was incredible, had a guy their take the pic for us since we didn't have our digital camera so hopefully will get it soon and can post it here. The guys from Sonata were great, all down to earth and great attitudes especially Tony and Jani both great guys, inspiration for me as a vocalist his attitude mostly on how I would want to be one day. I will not forget this night for a long time. :D

#43 Dvoe

Dvoe

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 05:14 PM

Oh my god, where do I begin? I'll make this as brief as possible. Sonata Arctica was incredible. The local crowd was awesome and impressed the hell out of me. The band came out and hung out with fans for a long time in the freezing cold after the show which was very cool of them. We got signatures and pictures with almost the whole band. I met one of my biggest inspirations Tony Kakko, the lead singer/songwriter, shook his hand and told him how inspirational his music has been for me in recent years. HUGE moment for me HUGE.

If Sonata Arctica is in town, check em out! :blink:

#44 Dvoe

Dvoe

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 04:59 AM

Here is a picture of the 3 of us that went to the show with mastermind Tony Kakko from Sonata Arctica. What a moment, notice the grins :D

Posted Image
:P  :blink:

#45 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 07:39 AM

Whoooo :blink: I'm so happy we got the pic, we asked a fellow fan to take one for us, and Vlad (guy on the far left on the pic) left his email for him, so awesome to see it come through. Man I love the grin on my face :P.